Get Together With Technology (GTT) New Westminster/Vancouver!
Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind
in partnership with
Vancouver Community College
People who are blind or partially sighted of all ages are invited to “Save the Dates” for these two sessions of the GTT Vancouver and New Westminster meetings where the Calendar App on iPhones/iPad/iPods will be demonstrated and thoroughly discussed.
June 2018 Theme: iOS Calendar App
Participants have expressed a desire to find accessible tools aimed at better organizing their busy leisure, work and volunteer lives, and one of those tools could be the great Calendar App found on the smart phones and tablets we now carry with us. So, the upcoming GTT New Westminster and Vancouver meetings will work through the insertion of a calendar entry, how to set notifications, how to create a monthly recurring event, how to invite others to an event, and how to edit the date/time of an existing appointment.
Who Should Attend?
- People who would like to know what is possible to do with the iOS Calendar App;
- People who want to know how to set reminders for appointments;
- People who want to know how to invite others to their events/activities/appointments;
- People who want to know how to set recurring events like monthly meetings, birthdates etc;
- People interested in determining what other accessible Calendar Apps that are usable and accessible;
- People who want peer assistance with other assistive technology.
Date and Time: Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 10AM to 12Noon
Where: Vancouver Community College, Broadway campus – Room 2501 Building A 1155 East Broadway
GTT New Westminster:
Date & Time: Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Where: Blind Beginnings Office, 227 6th Street, New Westminster
A demonstration and discussion of the tips and techniques for use of the iOS Calendar App by Clement Chou, Matthew Alvernez and Monty Lilburn.
The second half of the meeting will include an opportunity to seek tech advice from those with more knowledge. Please bring the device you want assistance with.
For more information contact either Shawn Marsolais or Albert Ruel:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-434-7243.
Albert.GTT@CCBNational.net or 250-240-2343
What is GTT?
An opportunity for individuals who are blind or partially sighted to get together and
- Share how they are using assistive technology for work, school, and in their daily lives
- Learn from others who are using different assistive technology
- Request information on new technology
- Mentor and support each other
You’re invited, and encouraged to circulate this invitation widely to your circle of friends, colleagues and family who have an interest in peer support in the area of assistive technology.
For more information about GTT contact:
Shawn Marsolais Albert Ruel
604-434-7243 1-877-304-0968 Ext. 550