Get Together With Technology (GTT) New Westminster/Vancouver!
Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind
in partnership with
Vancouver Community College
People who are blind or partially sighted of all ages are invited to “Save the Dates” for these two January sessions of the GTT Vancouver and New Westminster meetings where the Amazon Echo and Google Home smart speakers will be demonstrated and discussed.
January/February 2018 Theme:
The era of modern smart assistants is just beginning with several new options being released daily, or at least weekly for most Smart Speakers currently on the market. Join GTT New Westminster and Vancouver for discussions and demonstrations of the Amazon Echo and Google Home smart speakers, presented by Matthew Alvernez, Clement Chou and Monty Lilburn.
Who Should Attend?
- People who would like to know about Smart Speakers that are always-on assistants designed to listen for commands from you or others in your home.
- People who want hands-free options to set timers, read recipes, or call for reservations with little effort
- People interested in learning about how Smart Speakers harness the power of a variety of smart home devices, allowing you to control lights, outlets, thermostats, and other household items using your voice.
- People who enjoy working through Siri on their iPhone or are looking for an easy way to accomplish everyday tasks, these devices may well be worth a look.
- People who want peer assistance with other assistive technology
GTT New Westminster:
Date & Time: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Where: Blind Beginnings Office, 227 6th Street, New Westminster
Date and Time: Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10AM to 12Noon
Where: Vancouver Community College, Broadway campus – Room 2501 Building A 1155 East Broadway
A discussion and demonstration of the Amazon Echo and Google Home smart speakers, presented by Matthew Alvernez, Clement Chou and Monty Lilburn.
The second half of the meeting will include an opportunity to seek tech advice from those with more knowledge. Please bring the device you want assistance with.
For more information contact either Shawn Marsolais or Albert Ruel:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-434-7243.
Albert.GTT@CCBNational.net or 250-240-2343
What is GTT?
An opportunity for individuals who are blind or partially sighted to get together and
- Share how they are using assistive technology for work, school, and in their daily lives
- Learn from others who are using different assistive technology
- Request information on new technology
- Mentor and support each other
You’re invited, and encouraged to circulate this invitation widely to your circle of friends, colleagues and family who have an interest in peer support in the area of assistive technology.
For more information about GTT contact:
Shawn Marsolais Albert Ruel
604-434-7243 1-877-304-0968 Ext. 550